Friday, December 31, 2010

End of the year lookback

"Know that there is no death, that all life is indivisible, that the here and the hereafter are one, that time and eternity are inseparable, that this is one unobstructed universe. We are citizens of eternity."

For anyone who knows me, it can be safely said that I have a tendency to get wrapped up in details and have trouble seeing the big picture many times.

Who knows why this last year was so hard? Who knows why our heat keeps breaking or why its so cold in Boulder this week? Who knows why I failed my test or why I just don't seem to be able to get away from my current job situation?

I find that I take solice in the idea that I'm part of a bigger picture. A beautiful addition to the painting... or a crucial, if in my own way, part of the puzzle.

Simple pleasures, such as watching a Hockey game with friends. An occasional beer with dinner. The hug of a loved one. Or even toasting the new year with mini champagne bottles. We actually had fun tonight with our champagne bottles in "mini buckets" (they were actually glasses with ice that we set them in).

Goodbye 2010! You were a good year, in your own way... full of trials and tribulations, but also full of triumphs and successes... questions and answers... and more babies than you can shake a rattle at. I know of about five babies born this last month and two more people that are freshly pregnant.

I guess my point is that there are always ups and downs in this crazy old world. But its okay, really. Things even out in the long run and many times things work out for the best in the end.

No comments: